About Jeff Melcher
Jeff Melcher is CEO of NetStandard Inc. and has been contributing to the state economy and area job growth as a successful entrepreneur since 1987. As CEO of NetStandard, an outsourced technology company, Melcher regularly consults with businesses to improve operational efficiency. Involvement with this broad spectrum of businesses has helped him gain significant insight into the challenges and opportunities Kansas business leaders face in today’s economic climate. He has a keen understanding of legislative initiative and tax policy impact on economic growth.
Melcher was appointed by the State Legislature in 2011 to serve on the Johnson County Charter Commission and served as a member of the Agency Outreach Team on Governor Brownback’s Transition Team. He was also selected to serve as a panelist on Governor Brownback’s 2011 Service Sector Summit which reviewed Kansas tax policies and subsequent impact on state economic growth. He serves on several local Chamber of Commerce legislative committees and the Kansas State Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Melcher is the founding advisor of FiberKC.biz , an organization of business leaders dedicated to commerce and workforce growth and development in the Kansas City technology sector.
Melcher holds a degree in mechanical engineering from the Missouri School of Science and Technology. During his tenure at General Motors, Melcher was awarded a scholarship to General Motors Institute (GMI) where he pursued a master’s in Manufacturing Management and Business Administration. He is a graduate of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Centurions Leadership Development Program.
Melcher lives with his wife and two children in Leawood, Kansas.
- Scientific Survey Shows Majority of Kansans Support Kansas HOPE Act
- Business and Higher Education thoughts from Jack Welch
- Watch Senator Melcher on KCPT’s Kansas City Week In Review
- Sutherland: The Tide Turns | KC Confidential
- Senator Melcher on KCUR’s Statehouse Blend
- Senator Melcher presents a tribute to the family of 2LT Justin Sisson
- Senator Melcher on why property taxes are so high
- Senator Melcher and the 2015 Kansas Teachers of the Year
- Wise comments from my Senate Commerce Chair
- 2LT Justin Sisson Memorial Dedication
- Happy Constitution Day!
- Jeff having lunch with a couple of great guys
- Senator Melcher presents Senate Resolution 1791 to Debbie Bond
- Senator Melcher – KCTV 5 School Interview
- Jeff at the opening of a new Freddy’s