About Jeff Melcher
In 2012, Jeff Melcher was elected to the Kansas Senate where he currently serves on the Education, Ways and Means, Commerce, and Tax Committees. He also serves on the Johnson County Education Research Triangle Authority Board, as well as the Dean’s Board of the University of Kansas Business School.
Melcher is a successful entrepreneur and CEO of NetStandard Inc., an industry leader in strategic business technology solutions. He brings more than twenty-five years of private sector experience to the Kansas Senate, with the goal of focusing on pro-growth economic policies that create opportunities for Kansas businesses to grow and families to thrive. Melcher is an expert in operational efficiency, and his consultative approach to business operations delivers keen insight into the opportunities and challenges facing businesses to improve their operational efficiencies through innovative technologies. Involvement with this broad spectrum of businesses has helped him gain significant insight into the challenges and opportunities Kansas business leaders face in today’s economic climate. He has a profound understanding of legislative initiative and tax policy impact on economic growth.
Melcher was appointed by the State Legislature to serve on the Johnson County Charter Commission and served as a member of the Agency Outreach Team on Governor Sam Brownback’s Transition Team. He also was selected to serve as a panelist on the Governor’s 2011 Service Sector Summit, which reviewed Kansas tax policies and subsequent impact on state economic growth.
Melcher is a recipient of the Kansas City Business Journal’s Up and Comers Award and a graduate of the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce’s Centurions Leadership Development Program. He previously served on the Kansas City Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and is a member of several local chambers of commerce in the Kansas City area. Melcher also is the founding advisor for Generation Tech, a workforce development initiative dedicated to strengthening and growing the region’s technology workforce.
Melcher holds a degree in mechanical engineering from the Missouri University of Science and Technology. During his tenure at General Motors, he was awarded a scholarship to the General Motors Institute (now Kettering University) to begin work on a master’s degree in manufacturing management and business administration. Melcher currently lives in Leawood, Kansas, with his wife and two children.
- Teachers Unions vs. Students
- Our Schools – A sequel
- Our Schools
- Great example of educational efficiency
- K12 Funding: Extraordinary needs… or wants?
- Scientific Survey Shows Majority of Kansans Support Kansas HOPE Act
- Business and Higher Education thoughts from Jack Welch
- Watch Senator Melcher on KCPT’s Kansas City Week In Review
- Sutherland: The Tide Turns | KC Confidential
- Senator Melcher on KCUR’s Statehouse Blend
- Senator Melcher presents a tribute to the family of 2LT Justin Sisson
- Senator Melcher on why property taxes are so high
- Senator Melcher and the 2015 Kansas Teachers of the Year
- Wise comments from my Senate Commerce Chair
- 2LT Justin Sisson Memorial Dedication